- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 3 tablespoons thawed lemonade concentrate
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups fat-free buttermilk
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 2 teaspoons thawed lemonade concentrate
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- * Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- * To prepare cake, mix sugar, butter, lemon rind, 3 tbsp lemonade, and vanilla with a mixer at medium speed until well blended (about 5 minutes). Add eggs and egg whites, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- * In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda; stir well with a whisk.
- * Add flour mixture and buttermilk alternately to sugar mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture; beat well after each addition.
- * Pour batter into cupcake tins sprayed with cooking spray. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes on a wire rack; remove from pans. Cool completely on wire rack.
- * To prepare frosting, place butter, lemon rind, lemonade, vanilla, and cream cheese in a large bowl. Beat with a mixer at high speed until fluffy. Add powdered sugar, and beat at low speed just until blended (do not overbeat). Chill 1 hour.
- * Frost cupcakes and store loosely covered in the refrigerator.
- * Enjoy!
(Recipe from Myrecipes.com)