1.11.2012

Fresh Baked Bread

I've never made a loaf of bread from scratch before, but I decided that it's time to start.  I don't go for the usual white bread loafs from the grocery store that stick to the roof of your mouth.  Oh no, this girl likes her carbs to be hearty.  The loaves I can find at the farmer's market are good, but I know I can make one just as good at home. What's better than warm bread any time I please?  Not too much, I would think.

I found the perfect starter recipe from the authors of the cookbook, Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day.  The recipe allows you to mix a large amount of dough for the week, store it in the fridge until you need it, and then bake off as much as you'd like for a warm, fresh loaf or rolls.  The bread turned out fantastically well, and it was so easy to make.  You can bet that I'll be doing this regularly from now on.





No comments:

Post a Comment