9.26.2011

Pancake Day

Every year my family attends a Pancake Day event that kicks off the fall season in our local area.  Pancakes are made under a giant circus tent by the local Kiwanis Club and served to patrons from a huge conveyor belt.  It's such a fun event, and, even though I've lived far from home for several years now, I still like to celebrate Pancake Day with my own special breakfast.

This year I decided to make apple cinnamon pancakes for a hearty, warm start to a brisk British morning.  I made sure to use plenty of butter in the pan to get those nice brown skillet marks on the flapjacks.  For the cinnamon apples, I sliced an apple thinly lengthwise and mixed in about a teaspoon of cinnamon.  Then, I topped the slices with a few small pats of butter and microwaved them for thirty seconds at a time, mixing between heating.  Paired with real maple syrup, the result is a perfect stack of pancakes sure to please.





No comments:

Post a Comment