12.07.2011

Classic Britain

I recently returned to Britain from a short trip back to the states.  This time when I got back to the UK, I have to say, that it actually felt more like home.  Instead of missing all of the shopping and eating opportunities in the states, I had missed the adorable little British town I live in. What I love about living here is that each town has its own charm. In my little town, I love that the cobblestone roads get narrower the closer you get to the cathedral, Christmas trees are perched above each of the businesses in town, and the farmers market in the town square is only a five minute walk from my front door.

You can see this charm in the preservation of the old, which is many times juxtaposed with the new. Though we live in a fairly new townhouse, just across the road are several row houses built at least a hundred years ago...And it works. Britain feels pleasantly classic because of this preservation, and it's comforting to have some things in your town that you know will be there for years to come.



No comments:

Post a Comment