12.20.2011

Quick Sticky Bun Breakfast

I woke up last Saturday morning craving our typical weekend carb-loaded breakfast, but I didn't really want to go all out in baking something.  I decided to peruse my bookmarked recipes for something that was quick and easy (i.e. ready-to-eat in about half an hour with the least amount of dirty dishes possible).

I came across this recipe several months ago and decided to bookmark it since my husband loves monkey bread. When it popped up in my saved recipes, I saw that it was loaded with buttery, brown sugar goodness, and it really only required that I have a can of biscuits in the fridge.  Perfect!  I had just bought a can of biscuits from the store "just in case" anything popped up.  I must have been channeling this recipe at the grocery store.

Although my husband still prefers the traditional monkey bread to this recipe, I actually think that this takes about 50% of the effort to get 95% of the satisfaction of monkey bread.  Here it is for you to judge for yourself.






No comments:

Post a Comment