8.05.2011

Friday Favorites: Floor Pillows

One of the first things that I learned how to sew was a pillow cover.  My sweet friend, Allison, taught me several years ago as I was renovating my first home.  I wanted to choose my own fabrics and patterns for the house to make it uniquely ours.  That's the great thing about learning to sew...a whole new world of design opens up to you.

I especially love the idea of making floor pillows because they are so easy to quickly whip up in an afternoon.  They've been really great for our cozy, little house in the UK since we have so little sitting room.  We just store them behind the sofa and take them out when company arrives.  Voila!  We have ourselves a lot more seating that creates a fun and casual atmosphere.

So, here's a link for a great little tutorial from Curbly to get you started with making your own floor pillows.





No comments:

Post a Comment