8.19.2011

Friday Favorites: Good Housekeeping Muffin Recipe

Breakfast on the weekends in my house is always a special treat usually consisting of a carb overload to make your belly nice and heavy for a late morning nap.  I've been using this basic muffin recipe for several years now as my go-to breakfast.  It's from the Good Housekeeping cookbook I received when I got married, and it's been the gift that keeps on giving.  Some of my favorite add-ins to the recipe include blueberries and cinnamon apples.  Give it a try:




Good Housekeeping Basic Muffins
(Adjusted slightly to my tastes)

2 1/2 c flour
3/4 c sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 c milk
1/2 c (1 stick) margarine or butter, melted
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract

* Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and grease your muffin pan.

* Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.

* In small bowl, beat milk, melted butter, egg, and vanilla until blended.  Add to flour mixture until moistened.  If slightly too thick, add milk until it runs off spoon with ease.

* Add your favorite fruit, chocolate chips, or nuts to create your own flavor combination.

* Cook for 20-25 minutes and serve warm.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. I think I might try these tomorrow! Look great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, good! You'll have to let me know how you like them and what you decided to mix in : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Anusuyaw3. I hope you find this recipe helpful with your catering service. I think it's a good one!

    ReplyDelete