8.01.2011

Screen Printing

This past weekend my husband and I took a screen printing class at the London Print Club.  It was a great beginners' class that focused on printing with water-based inks on paper.  I just really loved being in the studio full of creative people with different backgrounds interested in learning this new craft.

We brought several photographs that my husband took and adjusted in Photoshop.  Really, all of the graphics turned out fantastic, and I was very impressed by the products of this medium.  So, yes, I'm hooked and am already planning how I can accommodate this new hobby in my home studio.


Developing our images onto the screens




The fun part: using the squeegee full of ink




Time to wait



Finished products




2 comments:

  1. I heard about that class and always wondered how it was thanks for blogging about it now I know. I have the Gocco print machine I got while we were in Japan and LOVE that thing .. it is the small one .. and so cute.

    I will be sure to keep reading ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you liked the post! I would definitely recommend that class at the London Print Studio. Plus, there's a fantastic Turkish restaurant right across the street that should not be missed : ) Oh, and thanks for the tip on the Gocco machine. I have to check that out!

    -Kristen

    ReplyDelete