7.13.2011

Digital Scrapbooking

There's a whole new world of crafting out there, and it's digital!  Of course, I can see how many people couldn't really get into this new style of projects.  It's not quite the same hands-on feeling that you get when you hold something that you've created with your hands.  However, digital scrapbooking and cardmaking can be great ways to hone your graphic design skills.  Layout design, color compositions, and typography are all key components of this digital scrapbooking world and can definitely improve your eye as a designer if you care to learn about each.

Start with a great design software program.  I use Adobe Illustrator, but there are plenty of other options.  Then, scour the internet for free and cheap digital elements that you can use for your projects.  Here are a few sites I like:






Some of the papers I use in my projects include:




I'm so used to designing everything from scratch in my software.  So as I get more into using these digital elements, I'll let you know how it goes.  Plus, there will be more on layouts, color, and fonts in my future posts.  For now, have fun searching for some interesting patterns!



No comments:

Post a Comment