7.12.2011

Paper Rosettes

I've been needing to make a card for my grandmother, and I thought what better than some traditional paper rosettes.  I grabbed some scrap strips that I had in various shades of peach and folded away.  Even though I do actually prefer to use my handy x-acto knife (my fond friend from architecture days), I did actually prefer using the bone folder for these.  I found that when I scored the paper with the x-acto and tried to fold it into the circle form it would just rip on the crease.  So, definitely go with the bone folder on this one.

Once you have your folded strips and glue the edges together, just add a circle round to the back for stability and a nice embellishment to the front to jazz it up.  There you have it--a nice traditional flower card for your older loved ones to cherish.







2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! In all my card-making, I've never made a paper rosette! :) I'm sure your grandmother loved the card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should definitely try them. They're easy and can really make your cards pop. I haven't talked to her yet to see if she got the card. Hope she liked it!

    ReplyDelete