7.07.2011

New Techniques

Trying new things is definitely a huge part of my creative process.  I like to change things up and keep my projects fresh.  You never know what materials, equipment, or techniques will enliven your creativity and feed your soul in a new way.

The local library is one of my favorite places to find inspiration.  I went recently and picked up a couple paper-crafting books to flip through and learn some new tricks.  Iris folding was something that peaked my interest immediately, as I love the refined detail that comes from these simple folds.  The papers are folded in such a way as to create a small lens in the center.  You can make all kinds of shapes and designs with this technique, and you may even decide to embellish the center instead of leaving it open.


So, here's a little card I made using the iris folding technique.  If you're interested in learning more about it, there are tons of free patterns online and lots of great videos on You Tube.




No comments:

Post a Comment