7.25.2011

Home Library

We've been getting our office and home studio organized lately and finally got some much needed bookshelves from Ikea.  My husband and I are both minimalists and really like basic cube shelves.  So, we opted to get a couple from Ikea since most other places here are pretty expensive.  Of course, the intention is to eventually put casters on them when we get back to the states, and give them a little more flair.

We've accumulated so many books, though, that now they are really overwhelming these shelves.  It's always nice to leave some space on the shelves and mix it up with housewares, pictures, and other interesting items.  Having an overcrowded bookshelf can be way too intense for the eye.  So, we might just have to buy another bookshelf!

Another thing I was thinking about when putting these together was the idea of grouping the books.  Some people like to categorize their books, group them by binding color, or just alphabetize them.  I subscribe to the categorization method myself.  I think it's so much easier to find the type of book you want, and then just let the books flow naturally with that section.  There's really no need to go any further with the organization, in my opinion.  You've got to leave a little bit of creativity and haphazardness in the mix to maintain that "lived in" feeling around your home.





No comments:

Post a Comment